Wednesday, November 7, 2012


Here I'm wearing French Connection's Cara Block dress, purchased on HauteLook for $45! I thought this dress would be perfect for a small frame because it's not too busy and has a fairly neutral palette. The small shoulder pads give the dress great structure, another plus for a petite woman. The keyhole in the back is the cherry on top -  it's a little detail that makes the dress look more feminine and expensive.


To liven up the outfit, I chose this amazing Leslie Danzis statement necklace. I decided to wear the dress with BCBG black flats and a nude tight. Dark black tights with black heels would work as well, provided you can match the black as closely as possible. 



Fab footnotes:

* The Leslie Danzis necklace (known as "The Morgan") has a matching bracelet and earrings. It comes in gold or silver, with various gem colors. I purchased it several years ago at Coup de Coeur (see my "Stores I like" tab for the store's link), but I have seen it (and the matching jewelry) on Gilt and Ebay, and in several jewelry boutiques. 

* The BCBG flats are great because they're solid black, but have a lot of detail. I think it's great to have a staple pair of flats that goes with everything, but has embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment