Friday, November 2, 2012

Before I get to the fun stuff, I just want to send my love to all those affected by Hurricane Sandy. I'm happy to report that my friends and family are safe. My biggest complaint is that I lost power, so I consider myself incredibly lucky. My thoughts and prayers go out to those less fortunate. 


Here I'm wearing a Necessary Objects striped shirt, purchased at Dor L'Dor. A black and white striped shirt is a great staple piece. The ruching on the sides gives it a little detail, which I love. Ruching can create the illusion of curves, but also flatten any problem areas. The vest is actually a Bebe leather jacket with detachable sleeves.

As you can see from the side view, the jacket is cropped. Cropped jackets are great for petite women, because the short length creates an illusion of height. The jeans are Joe's, purchased several years ago at Loehmann's. Stores like Loehmann's and Filene's Basement are great for browsing discount designer jeans. The boots are Pour La Victoire (sold out). I purchased the snake bracelet at a discount jewelry store in Manhattan, similar to So Good Jewelry. Check out their (very similar) version in my "Fab finds" section. Be sure to browse their other pieces as well!





Fabulous footnotes:

* Dor L'Dor is an amazing chain with locations in New York and New Jersey. Their clothes are very current and their prices are phenomenal. Whenever I want to try something trendy without spending a lot of money, I head there. Check out their home page in my "Stores I like" section!

* I purchased the leather jacket several years ago. However, Bebe always has great leather jackets in stock.

* Pour La Victoire is an amazing brand. Though not cheap, the shoes are frequently featured on discount fashion sites like RueLaLa, Bluefly and 6pm. And don't hesitate to look on Ebay or Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment